Landscape Manager for the Northern Highland (Hautes Terres du Nord).WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a Landscape Manager for the Northern Highland (Hautes
Terres du Nord).
Location: Andapa, Madagascar.
The Landscape Manager ensures strategic direction, coordination, monitoring of and reporting on WWF’s
effort to conserve the Land/seascape, taking responsibility for the promotion of an integrated approach as well
as the planning, implementation, and financial & administrative management of the WWF projects’ portfolio
for the landscape
- He/she is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the landscape programme, monitoring progress, and implementing appropriate adaptive management;
- He/she organizes project execution consistent with programme objectives and WWF program standards;
- She/he leads the engagement with and mobilization of local partners working in the landscape (private sector, NGO, government, community ….);
- She/he leads and contributes to fundraising activities to ensure adequate funding for the landscape plan, in collaboration with HQ staff;
- She/he ensures prompt, accurate and quality reporting on landscape activities, projects and programs.
- She/He ensures that risks and opportunities that arise in the landscape are captured, analysed and acted upon appropriately for the benefit of the landscape programme;
- She/He ensures that social and environmental sustainability are systematically integrated into the design and implementation of WWF interventions in the landscape.
What you need:
- Master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, or in relevant fields;
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Madagascar;
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the non- profit sector;
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fundraising, donor strategies and functions, governmental and international relations;
- Knowledge of WWF’s PPMS is an advantage;
- 5 years of practical experience in leading and managing large-scale programme or project;
- Proven experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors;
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and international organisations.
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English; Malagasy language skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision and staying on task;
- Outgoing, Resilient, Tactful;
- Sharing WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, Engaging.
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV(*) with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to
be sent by mail to email@example.com or presented at WWF Antsakaviro, Antananarivo or WWF
Field Offices with the mention “Northern Highland Landscape Manager”.
(*) specific template for cover letter and resume is available on www.wwf.mg or can be requested at WWF
Deadline for application: 30 June 2018.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce