The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a Communications Officer.
Main responsibilities:Under the supervision of the Communications Manager and in collaboration with Landscape Managers, project/programme Managers and Officers, the Communications Officer will ensure that WWF Madagascar’s communications goals are achieved through:
- Proactive communications support to WWF’s conservation programme and teams (PTSU, Core, landscapes)
- Production of communication materials, stories and visuals in accordance to WWF’s standards ,
- Broad diffusion of communication actions and products through events and other communication channels
- Contribution to the development and implementation of landscape or thematic communications strategies and plans. What you need:
What you need :
Required Qualifications and experiences :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Communications / Media / Journalism or other relevant field
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience in communications, preferably in an NGO.
- Good knowledge of Office (Word, Excel, Power point…) and knowledge of Adobe softwares: Premiere and Photoshop preferably, Indesign, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of website content management tools.
- Excellent written and spoken Malagasy, French and English.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Good social and communications skills.
- Ability to work and deliver multiple simultaneous products.
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven success record in media relations.
- Familiar with environmental sustainability and conservation issues in Madagascar, or strong desire and ability to learn
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, Engaging.
- Adherence to WWF ways of working (Behaviours): Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
How to apply?Cover letter and detailed CV(*) with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or presented at WWF Antsakaviro, Antananarivo or WWF Field Offices with the mention “Communications Officer”.
Full job description can be found on the website www.wwf.mg, or the notice board of all WWF Offices or requested by email to email@example.com. (*) specific template for cover letter and resume can be requested by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 28th March 2020.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Female applicants are highly encouraged
Read the full publication
JD Communications Officer - March 28