The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Two climate change working groups in Vietnam signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Climate Change.
The Climate Change Working Group (CCWG), chaired by WWF-Vietnam, and the Network of Vietnamese NGOs and Climate Change (VNGO&CC) developed the MOU, which includes information and interests shared on CC related projects and activities in order to improve the efficiency of CC response in Vietnam. This MOU shows that government agencies acknowledge the important roles of CCWG and VNGO&CC in supporting the government to implement CC programs. Most notably, the Department of Climate Change agreed to allow members of the two networks to participate in the Conference of Parties (COP) under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. This is a great opportunity for the two networks to have their representatives join the Vietnam Delegation, thus able to share concerns and perspectives of civil society organisations and contribute to achieving the Paris Agreement's targets outlined in COP21 in 2015.
“We appreciate the contributions of NGOs in Vietnam over the past years in implementing various activities at the community level almost nationwide, including climate change responses and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions. The NGO sector has certain contributions to the implementation of the Paris Agreement, Nationally Determined Contribution, and the low-emission and climate adaptation development of Viet Nam”, said Mr. Pham Van Tan, Deputy Director of the Department of Climate Change.
The parties have agreed to cooperate in four main areas as follows:
- Strengthening cooperation for knowledge and capacity building for the community and relevant partners on CC focusing on communicating CC programs, policies, and international agreements that the Vietnamese Government participates in.
- Sharing information on climate change related projects. This is a top priority so that the two networks can share successful local projects and best practices from international partners to support DCC in developing and implementing CC adaptation programs.
- Mobilising international cooperation to support Vietnam in better adapting to CC.
- Discussing and developing climate change related projects at the local level with a focus on community-based adaptation, climate change mitigation, knowledge and capacity improvement and ecosystem-based adaptation, in accordance with CCWG and VNGO&CC's objectives and government priorities.