The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working atWWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
WWF is an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and
wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on
world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats,stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a NORAD Sustainable Blue Economy Coordinator – Fixed-term (2
Under the supervision of the SWIO Seascape Leader the NORAD Sustainable Blue Economy Coordinator will ensure leadership, strategic direction, and effective coordination and management of the NORAD SBE project, in line with the SWIO Strategic Framework, relevant National and Regional Strategic Plans and in synergy with other NORAD projects in the region, while harnessing the progress made and lessons learned from previous NORAD projects in the seascape. This position is responsible for the NORAD SBE project implementation, relationship building, influence,representation, capacity building for the project.
What you need:
- A postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in a relevant discipline (e.g. natural sciences, social sciences,
- conservation biology, landscape ecology, economics, conservation planning or related field).
- At least 7 years working experience in conservation and socio-economic issues in Africa, with a proven track
- record in the design and implementation of large-scale trans boundary programmes, and within the wider
- East Africa Region.
- At least 7 years’ experience of working on complex programmes with multiple and diverse implementation
- partners and stakeholders - including high level political engagement, community livelihood initiatives - with
- cross-cutting themes and multiple objectives;
- At least 7 years’ experience in leading programme development and management
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills;
- Familiar with regional protocols on fisheries and sustainable blue economy in East Africa and/or in Indian Ocean;
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills, with excellent fluency in spoken and written
- English, any other language/s of the region an asset;
- Results focused leadership approach with a thorough understanding of programme and projects management disciplines;
- Demonstrated ability to drive multi-stakeholder engagement processes
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Respect , Integrity & Collaboration
- Adherence to WWF Global behavioural competencies: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention “NORAD Sustainable Blue Economy Coordinator”.
Full job description and specific template for cover letter and resume can be found on the website www.wwf.mg or
requested by email at email@example.com
Deadline for application: September 13th 2021
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce