The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
CONSULTANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : Sustainable Finance Specialist
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
What we do
WWF is an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a (01) Sustainable Finance Specialist – Consultancy contract - 01 year renewable
What you need:
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management, Economics, Environmental Management, Sustainable Finance or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Private Finance, responsible investing or sustainable finance, Banking, preferably working in financial institutions
- Proven experience in one or more areas of expertise in investment analysis, risk assessment, insurance, banking, or development finance, Microfinance.
- Good understanding of key sustainable conservation finance instrument such as trust funds, carbon finance ,
- Good knowledge of global sustainable finance (green financial products, carbon finance, blended finance) development finance, institutional investment management, and/or capital markets.
- Good understanding of the ESG standards in investment analysis and local financial regulations.
- Have a good network of external relationships in the Malagasy financial sector.
- Experience with issues in environmental protection and nature conservation across WWF’s global themes include wildlife, forests, freshwater, oceans, food, climate and energy and conservation finance tools is an advantage
Required Skills and Competencies
- Fluent command of written and spoken English and French with any other language an asset.
- Very good oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Commitment to WWF’s values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
Full job description can be found on the website www.wwf.mg. or requested by mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to email@example.com with the mention “Sustainable Finance Specialist”.
Full job description and specific template for cover letter and resume can be found on the website www.wwf.mg or requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 10th March 2023.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
Read the full publication
Sustainable Finance Specialist