The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Consultancy : Eco-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Specialist
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
WWF is an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a (01) Eco-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Specialist – Consultancy contract - 01 year renewable
Location: Antananarivo Madagascar
Under the supervision of the Climate Change Adaptation Senior Officer, the Eco-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Specialist will ensure mainstreaming of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) into WWF MDCO work and will manage DRR specific projects
What you need:
- Masters’ degree in natural resource management, conservation, disaster risk management, landscape or regional planning.
- 3 to 5 years experiences managing environmental issues related to disaster response and/or risk reduction - working with local organizations, local and national authorities and entities, particularly disaster management agencies.
- Positive experience in training and capacity building activities, as well as in project management
- Relevant knowledge of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in Madagascar,
- Knowledge of the Red Cross Movement, UN System, and NGO humanitarian community - environmental aspects of issues in emergency, post-disaster and transitional settings - current better practices, technical guidelines, and standards related to the to the environmental aspects of disaster response a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, fluency in Malagasy, French and English languages ;
- Excellent computer knowledge (word-processing, spread sheet, e-mail…);
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work under time constraints.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Background in community-based engagement is preferred.
- Readily available for travel.
- Cultural and Gender sensitivity.
- Sharing WWF’s values: Courage, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration
Full job description can be found on the website www.wwf.mg. or requested by mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to email@example.com with the mention “Eco-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Specialist”.
Full job description and specific template for cover letter and resume can be found on the website www.wwf.mg or requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 13th April 2023.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
Read the full publication
Eco-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Specialist