The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
TRAFFIC - Project Finance and Administration Officer
TRAFFIC is seeking a Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
Position background:The Finance and Administration Officer will support TRAFFIC’s growing project portfolio in Madagascar.
The successful candidate will support the Madagascar Project Manager and the INL Project Manager with financial
and administrative support to our projects in the country, with special focus on the US-INL-financed LEMUR-CWC
(“Law Enforcement in Madagascar: a United Response to Combating Wildlife Crime”) project.
Full Requirements / Expectations of the Role holder:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or a National Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Have three to five years strong and relevant experience in project implementation and financial management in the NGO/development sector.
- Experience working on US Government-funded projects would be a distinctive advantage.
- A good understanding of accounting principles and experience of working with accounting software will be an advantage. Exposure to/ familiarity with SAGE/ACCPAC will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a global team, with some communications taking place outside of regular office hours as required due to multi time-zone coordination.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented individual with the ability to work independently, with remote oversight, and under pressure, and to set own work priorities as appropriate with a capacity to meet deadlines.
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication and diplomacy, and with the ability to work effectively with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong communication skills with verbal and written fluency in English and French essential. Fluency in Malagasy language will be considered a strong asset.
- Malagasy citizenship or permanent residential status is essential.
- Willing and able to travel when required.
- Experience (or evidence of a strong interest in) working in a conservation environment would be an advantage.
Full Terms of Reference can be found on the following websites or on notice board of TRAFFIC and WWF offices:
How to apply?Cover letter and detailed CV(*) with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention “INL Project Finance and Administration Officer”.
(*) specific template for cover letter and resume can be requested by email to email@example.com or availble HERE
Deadline for application: October 27th 2020.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
Read the full publication
INL Project Finance and Administration Officer