The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
There are 65 management contracts granted to communities for the sustainable management of forests around the COMATSA (Corridor Marojejy Anjanaharibe Sud Tsaratanana) protected areas.
Fortunately, in July 2021, a joint sensitization and revitalization mission between WWF and the Regional Directorate of Environment and Sustainable Development was conducted in Antanambaobe to meet with the community associations of the entire northern Bemarivo part of COMATSA. The management contracts of these nine community associations were extended at that time after being evaluated by the forestry administration and after updating their various management tools, including the management plan and the specifications.
Since this contract extension, community associations and members are more motivated to exercise their role in the sustainable management of COMATSA's forests and the impacts are already being felt:
- CBO of Antanambaobe: a nursery is being set up. It is preparing 20,000 pots to be distributed to each CBO working in the COMATSA protected area.
- CBO of Ambodimandresy: 260 new members have joined the community-based organization
- CBO of Beanantsindrabe: a process to renew the members of the office for a better management of natural resources and transparency in its application.
- CBO of Bealampona Be: establishment of a nursery. Increase in the number of awareness against illegal exploitation in the forest.