The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
What we doWWF is an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and
wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a (01) Communications Officer - Open-ended contract
Location: Antananarivo, Madagascar.
Major Function:Under the supervision of the Communications Manager and in collaboration with Landscape Managers, project/programme Managers and Officers, the Communications Officer will ensure that WWF Madagascar’s communications goals are achieved through:
- Proactive communications support to WWF’s conservation programme and teams (PTSU, Core, landscapes)
- Production of communication materials, stories and visuals in accordance to WWF’s standards,
- Broad diffusion of communication actions and products through events and other communication channels.
- Contribution to the development and implementation of landscape or thematic communications strategies and plans.
What you need:Required Qualifications:
- A Degree level (Master 1/bac+4) in Marketing / Communications / Media / Journalism or other relevant field
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience in communications, preferably in an NGO.
- Proficiency in the use of Apple Mac OS editing softwares, preferably Final Cut Pro & Adobe suite CC 2022 (Premiere Pro, After Effects & Photoshop).
- Good knowledge of Office (Word, Excel, Power point…).
- Knowledge of website content management tools (preferably Wordpress).
- Excellent written and spoken Malagasy, French and English.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Sensitivity to the cause of nature or in social & humanitarian activities.
- Good social and communications skills.
- Ability to work and deliver multiple simultaneous products.
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven success record in media relations.
- Familiar with environmental sustainability and conservation issues in Madagascar, or strong desire and ability to learn
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Respect, Intergrity and Collaboration
How to apply?Cover letter and detailed CV with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to email@example.com with the mention “Communications Officer”.
Full job description and specific template for cover letter and resume can be found on the website www.wwf.mg or
requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 12th September 2022.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce