The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
What we do
WWF is an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a (01) Senior Fisheries Officer - Open-ended contract
Under the supervision of the PTSU Coordinator, the Senior Fisheries Officer is a member of the Policy and Technical Support Unit. He/she is responsible for driving the development of approaches and interventions to deliver on the WWF-Madagascar 2021-2025 conservation goals and objectives on fisheries.
What you need:
- At least Masters level in a field related to fisheries management,
- At least 5 years of experience working on fisheries management (industrial and/or small-scale),
- Good understanding of fisheries management policy and institutional frameworks in the WIO region,
- Experience working with governments, civil societies, NGOs, and corporate sector.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French, English, Malagasy,
- Leadership and management capacities, negotiation skills,
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Courage – Respect – Integrity – Collaboration
- Adheres to WWF global behavioural competencies : Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly
Full job description can be found on the website www.wwf.mg. or requested by mail to to email@example.com.
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention "Senior Fisheries Officer".
Full job description and specific template for cover letter and resume can be found on the website www.wwf.mg or requested by email at email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 3rd October 2022.
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce