The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
WWF is an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF Madagascar Country Office is looking for a “The Green Shores Project Coordinator” – open-ended contract
Major Function:Under the supervision of the Landscape Manager, the Green Shores Project Coordinator is responsible for the management and implementation of activities related to the Green Shores project in the Manambolo Tsiribihina Landscape Action Plan.
What you need:
- At least Masters level in a field related to environmental management, forestry, oceanography or related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in programme management & coordination with multi- implementing partners, preferably in the areas of forestry, natural resource management, conservation.
- Experience in REDD+ projects and the Verra’s CCB/VCS standard is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the socio-economic and environmental issues of the sustainable management of mangrove ecosystem and its buffer zone;
- Experience engaging with government, private sector and civil society at all levels;
- Experience interacting with donors and understanding of donor requirements;
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation especially on national MNV system for REDD+ , on use of field data including forest mensuration, allometric models, forest inventory techniques, is highly recommended;
- Track record of developing and delivering community based natural resources management projects ;
- Experience with the NDC process in Madagascar is an advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French, English, Malagasy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Courage – Respect – Integrity – Collaboration
How to apply?
Cover letter and detailed CV with telephone number for quick contact, photo, 03 professional references to be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention “The Green Shores Project Coordinator”.
Full job description and specific template for cover letter and resume can be found on the website www.wwf.mg or requested by email at email@example.com
Deadline for application: April 11th 2023
Only preselected candidates are contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce